29 May, 2006

First Blog

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it - Winston Churchill

I started this blog because having read lots of blogs from around the world I have learnt that simply reading about other peoples lives is spell-binding. They don't have to live extraordinary lives - they just have to live!

I grew up in London, England in the sixties. My first musical interest was The Everly Brothers. I saw them in the sixties, I was at their reunion concert at the Royal Albert Hall and I saw them recently in that same place probably for the last time (they said).

I saw the Beatles play live when they weren't even top of the bill! I think it was Del Shannon & Chris Montez.

Now I have three little grandsons but I still feel like a teenager and still like that music plus a lot more.

6 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

Thanks for the wish of luck on my blog. I was so happy to see a comment!! I am still trying to figure out how to do the photo thing.

Like you, just reading other people's blogs are fascinating! I think it's a wonderful way to feel connected to this huge wonderful world. :)

Friday, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

You are right, spellbinding, thanks for a few minutes, very interesting about the 60s, Everlys' and Beatles. And of course, England. Thanks.

Saturday, June 03, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

Shalom, Barry, thanks for the note and visit, my blogs are in a mess, i am just this week trying to get them organized, 7 of them now, too many. addicting, like bob dylan, lol.

enjoyed the latest post, the alarm, lol, i bet that was a riot in that place.

good luck.

Sunday, June 04, 2006  
Blogger Alicia said...

They don't have to live extraordinary lives - they just have to live!
Amen to that! I have become aware of how many people go around without living. It's breathtaking the degree to which people sleepwalk through their days, pod people from the Body Snatchers.

Good luck on your blog.

-- Pentha

Tuesday, June 06, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

interesting observation, sometimes I do scroll down then read up on blogs, to get a better contextual feel for the whole, but what makes me decide to do that, that I cannot say, I certainly don't always do it. Why do you think you do it?

Saturday, June 10, 2006  
Blogger Bob said...

I know London well.
I have ambivalent feelings about the city....on the one hand I like its vibrancy....on the other I hate the shoddiness and indifference.

You must treasure your memories of the concert by the Beatles. People often say how remarkable they were live.

Friday, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home