26 June, 2006

Two nice sights in Suffolk, England

I saw this peacock today crossing the road in Stowlangtoft, a small village in the county of Suffolk. It was a real surprise but the bird did not seem surprised to see me!
A short time later I came across this thatched-roof house in Badwell Ash, Suffolk.
"The number of thatched buildings in England decreased from one million in 1800 to 35,000 by 1960 due partly to mechanisation and transport enabling other materials to be used. Today there are around 24,000 listed thatched buildings in England." (http://www.thatch.org/)

3 Comments:

Blogger Papa Pete said...

Hi Bazza,

Thanks for your comment on sexual pedators. I can't believe how lenient the courts are to someone who steals a childs innocence. I enjoyed the pictures of your grandchildren. The picture of the thatched house reminds me one a similar house near a town where I grew up in New England. We called it the ginerbread house.

I'm trying to get something going by organizing a group called Papas Army. I believe it's time for grandfathers to stand up and take action to protect our grandchildren. Check out my other blogs papas-army and grandchildrens-bill-of-rights.

Take Care,
Pete

Tuesday, June 27, 2006  
Blogger kim said...

Hi there- I love the thatched roof homes. When I visited England on a sister city exchange 20 years ago, I bought a little glass house with a thatched roof, which I still cherish today.

Hope all is well, Kim

Thursday, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

I like that thatched roof house too, unusual and quaint. Interesting statistics you give, that is a huge drop.

The peacock is rare here, never see them but at the zoo. Not many there, wonder what they are good for?

Friday, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home